Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 6 in Santiago

This week was one of the hardest but one of the best weeks in the mission so far!  Wouldn't you guess that some miracles happened.  We found a really awesome family who are prepared to hear the gospel, we had probably our best lesson ever as a companionship, Hermana D was BAPTIZED!!!, and we had 4 other investigators at her baptism!  I think I finally understand the scripture in Ether ¨And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.¨  Right now I am spending pretty much 24/7 trying to come as close to Him as I possibly can and He is keeping His end of the promise by showing me my weaknesses.  So now I get to do my part and have enough faith to keep trying and one of these days I will be the missionary He wants me to become but until then I know that somehow even with all of my weaknesses we will continue to see lots of miracles in Santiago!!

Ok what was fun this week-
- we hiked a mountain this morning and it was freaking awesome!!  I am exhausted but I had forgotten how much I miss mountains and hiking!
-this super cute dog followed us for 3 HOURS while we worked in this area and finally we had to trick him and hide so he would go back to his own house and stop following us. but for real look how cute he is.
-made up 2 new contacting games:
1. people sell these things called duros out of their houses (they are like popsicles in a bag....but way better) and they are only like 15 cents so if we see a sign for duros we buy one and contact the person in the house, so far we have 3 new investigators from duro-contacting.
2. so I am white. which means that we get a lot of whistles and calls and this tssst sound all the time.  sometimes it's men but a lot of times it's just teenagers so if we feel like it's safe, we walk right up to them and contact them.  This week we passed a house with about 6 teenage boys and they were yelling oh my gosh and hello baby so we walked up to the house and all but one of them ran to the back and hid.  We started talking with the one who stayed and slowly they all came back out (obviously super embarrassed) and we gave them a foyeto and invited them to the soccer activity. 
-most commonly used phrase ¨I'm white, get over it!¨ 
-I hit my 5 month mark tomorrow!
Panama is beautiful and I love it here and one day soon I am going to be so tan that no one can even tell that I´m not latina.  Hermana D is amazing and now I have a recent convert!  Until next week,

Hermana Smith

 

No comments:

Post a Comment