* Elder Christensen and Elder Alonzo came to Panama! We had an awesome conference and I am the official piano player, wahoo! Every single talk had something that I needed to hear but especially President Carmacks when he talked about the Spirit and recieving revelation. I realized that I could do better about seeking out the Spirit in everyday decisions and I also realized that God probably trusts me more than I realize to make the right choices without any big signs or directions. Definitely something I am going to apply this week.
*I did divisions this week with Hna Vasquez who is just too cute. I learned a lot from her about humble service and hard work. We went to a noche de hogar at her recent converts house and there was a member from Biancheri there! He said that Carlos is still going to church every week and that tomorrow is temple day for Chorrera and guess who else is going to the temple tomorrow....US!! So I should be able to see a whole bunch of people from Chorrera:)
*Victor walked in to church yesterday with a white shirt and tie on and he looked like a future missionary. He is still excited stubbornly set on being baptized the 22 of Feb!!
* We have another investigator named Victor who is really really old and really really sick...not sure if Ive mentioned him before. He has already read and marked the Book of Mormon throught 3 Nephi and he loves it. He wants to be baptized so badly but first he has to quit smoking. Not that easy for an 80 year old whos been smoking 2 packs a day his whole life. Yesterday after church we were able to go to his house with the bishop and elders quorom pres so they could give him a blessing. He shared with them his love and testimony for the Book of Mormon and they gave him an awesome blessing of strength and health. I asked him how he felt afterward and he was just beaming. Normally he responds to that question talking about how tired or dizzy he is but he just looked and me and said ´i feel so happy and, i dont know, theres just something here in my chest and I feel so much joy!´ I am so grateful for the Priesthood and for priesthood leaders who serve willingly and lovingly.
Hope its a great week for all!!
Hna Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment