-Hermana Smith
Friday, September 19, 2014
So Much Spanish, So Little Time
Ok so first off I got sick. I have just been way congested and my roommate suggested that I do a headstand to get rid of it so obviously we spent a really long time doing headstands in our apartment and blowing our noses upside down until the girls from the apartment below us came up to make sure everything was ok but really just to tell us to stop pounding on the floor so much. On Monday we had another sister join our companionship for the day because her companion had flown to mexico but she didnt leave til Tuesday morning. For gym we went on splits and she and Hermana Reeves went to play volleyball and I went to the field with the other sisters in our zone. Hermana Reeves got nailed in the face with a volleyball and had to go to the doctor but no one told me that so I spent the better part of Monday trying to locate my companion without a cell phone. Elder Richard G. Scott talked at the devotional last night which was really exciting and an awesome experience. His first words of advice were "Don't just have a good mission, have a blast!" Pretty much every devotional some missionary starts a rumor that someone huge is coming to speak to us (Tommy S., Mitt Romney, Ellen Degeneres) so it was exciting that it was actually an apostle this time! I love being a sister because the buses come to pick us up at west campus and there are hundreds of elders trying to get on the first bus and all you have to do is say "Hermanas" and they part like the red sea and you get the spot at the front of the bus with the air conditioning. I'm sure it will work exactly the same way for the public transportation in panama. This week we talked a lot about teaching people and not lessons and also being guided by the Spirit. For practice, we were teaching other teachers in our building and Hermana Reeves and I just shared a scripture/lesson that we had planned the night before but we were able to ask her just the right questions and it applied to her life in a way that we had never even considered. The Spirit was so strong and it was a really awesome experience to look back and see how we had been guided in our study and planning as well as in our lesson! The scripture was Ether 2:24 and we talked about being the light for someone else while they are in the depths of their sea. In a way the scripture is even more powerful in Spanish and the language it uses made our questions and comments even more relevant to her life. Only one more P-day in the MTC!!! Kind of freaking out but at the same time I am so ready to just jump in and gooo!! Love you love you love you tons!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment