Saturday, October 18, 2014
Week 2 In Redlands
This is so different from what I expected and what they prepared us for at the MTC but I am learning to love it!! This week was a lot of less active and member lessons. I am getting to know all of our members a little better and I am beginning to be able to have conversations with them. I usually just ask them about their chihuahua because everyone has at least one and they all love me. This week the stake had a huge Latin Festival and they had over a thousand people show up! It was the finding event of the year! They had awesome food and dances from every Latin country and we helped serve all the drinks so we got to talk to everyone, it was sooo fun!! This week we are back to normal schedule. Yesterday we taught a lesson to a recent convert and my comp asked him who he wanted to say the opening prayer and of course he looks at me to do it and he goes "You know why? Because you need to learn more spanish!" and then he had me teach him the whole lesson!! It was hard but it definitely helped push me and yes I can teach!! We went on a 'hike' yesterday for p-day. Not much of a view compared to my Utah mountains but it was still fun to get out and get some exercise (I really love real Mexican food)! We have a Seventy coming to our mission on Friday so that should be really good! Love you tons!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment