Friday, October 31, 2014

Week 4- Packages and One-Sided Bible Bashing

Packages!! I got my halloween package! They just put the packages in front of our apartment and leave them there and some of the other sisters in our apartment complex have had packages stolen before so I was kind of freaking out that mine had gotten stolen but it showed up! But now the mission office is going to hold our packages so I don't have to have anymore panic attacks. This week we had another exchange and I went to the other side of Fontana and that was fun! That hermana loves to run so we went about 3 miles for exercise that morning and I don't even like running but it felt really good. This week was a lot of walking and not a ton of teaching. Pretty much every potential/investigator/less active gave us the slip this week.
I think we bible bashed twice this week but I'm not actually sure. The first time he just kept pointing to the Book of Mormon and then he would ask us a question but then keep talking in this weird language that could have been Spanish but honestly it kind of sounded like Chinese. Then the next day we went to teach an investigator and her husband came out and we were having nice conversation and then he started talking about the Libro de Mormon and how it scares all the latin people because it is confusing to have 2 books. We tried to explain that we sort of need the Book of Mormon... After a while we asked if we could just end with a prayer. You would think that there would be tension after that but he said amen, asked us if we wanted another water bottle, and he and his wife walked us out to our car.
So I practiced with the primary in church last week but then they told me that Karen would be able to play for the Saturday practice/actual program so I didn't practice anymore. Then on Saturday the president calls us and is like "aah Karen has pneumonia and didn't show up to practice, can you play tomorrow?" so I panicked and tried to practice some more but primary songs are hard. I was sitting on the stand pretty sure I was gonna ruin the whole thing when miraculously Karen walked in 2 minutes before Sacrament started and I didn't have to play after all!! But it was really fun to get to practice with them. I play in Relief Society and a couple of the members have asked me to play hymns on their pianos when we eat at their houses for dinner. I really love being able to play because I still am struggling to comment or have normal conversations so it lets me feel like I am contributing something!
The picture of us in the masks- we were teaching our recent convert in his driveway the other night but he lives right next to the chicken farm so when the wind blows that way it smells outrageous. We were struggling to breathe during our lesson and he runs to his car and pulls out his painting masks and we taught the lesson like that!
Love hearing about everything going on at home, I love you all so so much and every day I realize even more how lucky I am to have such an incredible family!


-Hermana Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment