Transfers, Birthdays and Talent Shows
Ok so this week-
Transfers happened.... we were really hoping that they would take out the elders and give us some roommates but no such luck! We are staying together in Santiago and we got 2 new elders, one of them straight out of the MTC. Now we have 4 Americans and 2 SalvadoreƱos and I am officially not the newbie anymore wooo!!
Saturday was Hermana Patrick's birthday! (oh also I am the oldest person in our district...weird right? I don't like being old) We ate pancakes, lasagna, and real mexican food! We didnt get to celebrate a ton so we are having a party tomorrow at district meeting. It is so hard to do nice fun things for someone when you are with them 24/7....practically impossible! Luckily the elders are taking care of everything for tomorrow, I just had to sneak some balloons into my basket at the grocery store this morning.
Saturday was also the branch talent show...aka the missionaries and the primary performed and the members cooked rice! We did a pretty cool version of the cup song with a hymn that is only in spanish...I will try and send a video.
What else happened this week, I don't even know.....I contacted another bus using the family proclamation, oh and we met some americans outside the mcdonalds and spoke some english with them (if you want to see some white people all you have to do is go to mcdonalds) and this coming week is carnivales which means we have to lock ourselves in our house from Thursday until Wednesday except for church on Sunday! I don't even think we get to email on monday so probably look for emails on Wednesday! I am planning on finishing Jesus the Christ and the Book of Mormon in Spanish!! Sorry this is such a boring email, I will try and have something crazy (spiritual) to share with you next week!
Love,
Hermana Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment