Best parts of this week-
Hermana D bore her testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday and gave one of the most powerful testimonies of Joseph Smith I´ve heard in a testimony meeting. People, she got confirmed LAST WEEK and she's already one of the strongest members in the branch. Also last night we went to teach her about the sacrament and we had left her 3 Nephi 18 to study so we started the lesson by asking if reading that chapter had influenced her sacrament experience this week and you know what she tells us? I'll tell you, she says ¨I loved the chapter and this week during the sacrament I was thinking about Christ and I just felt something in my chest and I started crying right there during the sacrament. I didn't know the Spirit could be that strong. I hope no one saw me crying but it was just such a new and exciting feeling.¨ We had no idea what to teach her after that so we just shared our testimonies. Oh and then she asked when she can go out on visits with us. golden.
This week my companion got attacked by a monkey. We were walking in this area and we see this cute monkey tied to the tree so we start taking pictures and Sister Patrick really wanted to touch it so she was kind of getting close but she was too scared to actually touch it. I took some pictures and was looking to see if they turned out good when I hear a scream and I look up and the monkey has all four of its little paws gripping to her skirt and both of them are screaming. I dont know what happened next because I was on the ground crying I was laughing so hard but somehow she got the monkey off. Then his owner came out and we contacted him and I held the monkeys hand. Sister Patrick wouldn't go near it again. Then throughout the week the image of the monkey and Sister Patrick will pop into my head and I just start laughing all over again. Probably the funniest moment on my mission thus far.
Miracle of the week- I found peanut butter capn crunch, strawberries, root beer, and good wheat bread in the grocery store this week and I bought them all.
This morning I was reading in Jesus the Christ about miracles and I loved what it said. As our understanding of the world increases we consider fewer things miracles but that isn't how it works. All nature is miracle. Just because we know that by planting a seed a tree will grow and we understand the process doesnt make it any less of a miracle that from one tiny seed comes a giant tree with a stem and leaves and fruit!! I sort of understand where pb capn crunch comes from and I took econ so I understand the supply and demand chain that put it on the shelf in the super 99 but that doesnt make it any less of a miracle!! I have been working really hard to find and treasure all of the miracles I get to experience every day. PMG asks us if we have the faith necessary to expect miracles in our lives and that is what I want out of all of these experiences...the faith I need to expect miracles in my life every single day. Look for them in your lives to and let me know the best miracles you experience this week!
The dog in the pictures belongs to a less active and his name is Wilburto....for real.
Love you lots!
Hermana Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment