Sunday, April 12, 2015

Apr. 6


Alo!
 
This week was Semana Santa and for all of you who dont know what that is, I will tell you.  Semana Santa is the week before Easter when all of Panama shuts down, everyone goes to the beach, and everywhere you go there is the movie of Christ's crucifiction but super intense.  Seriously it's bigger than Christmas around here.  So we didn't do a whole lot this week because there wasn't anyone in Santiago!  We almost went to immigrations (ask me about that later) and we had an awesome zone meeting where we talked about letting the Lord lead us to His escogidos [chosen ones] and that same night we contacted a house that wasn't interested but they gave us a reference for the house down the street and that family is awesome!!  They even came to a session of conference!  Conference seemed super awesome!  I will let you know what I thought about it when I get the English conference ensign next month. 
 
Mango season has officially begun!!  There are mangos EVERYWHERE!  I bought some huge mangos in the super and guess how much they cost me.....15 cents.  As lame as it sounds they are a little bit of a tender mercy. 
 
This week we spent 3 hours shelling pepitas with one of our less actives.  Who knew thats where cashews came from?  Our hands were filthy and blistered but the homemade cashew brittle was totally worth it!
 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment