Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mar. 16



This week was full of little miracles and just good things that make all the hard parts worth it.  
    Last Sunday I went on divisions with one of the hermana leaders and while we were walking from one appointment to the next she stopped in front of a house and asked if we had contacted it before.  We hadn´t, so we walked up to the front door and asked if we could come back another day.  He accepted but didn't seem too excited and I didn't really think much of it.  Then I went back on Tuesday on divisions with one of the youth in our branch and we taught the restoration...holy cow!  It was the dream first lesson- they listened, they asked a ton of really good questions, they were excited to read the Book of Mormon, and they are just a super awesome family!   We went back to teach them again on Thursday and when we arrived he started to tell me that she didn't understand anything about the chapter we had left them (Moroni 10) and he started talking about Shez and all the weird names and the wars and the kings and we were so confused because Moroni 10 isn't really that hard to understand and then we realized that they had read Ether 10!  Haha ooopps!  But how awesome is it that they read all of Ether 10 even if they didn't understand?  I think they are the first people I have taught that have actually read what we assigned the first time!  I am super excited to see where they go and so grateful for inspired companions and prepared investigators!
   Craziest moment of the week- On Tuesday morning right before we left the apartment we didn´t have any running water.  My comp turned the faucet in the bathroom to check but forgot to close it again before we left.  Sometime in the next 2 hours the water turned back on and luckily I had to go back to the apartment to grab something because when we walked in the bathroom and the room with all of our suitcases and clothes were flooded with water!!  so we spent the next hour and a half trying to get all of the water out of our house and dry out all of our soaking wet clothes!  Dont even want to know what would have happened if it had been left on til 9 o'clock!
   On Friday we did divisions again with the hermana leaders and I don't know why but it was the best day!  For some reason everyone we talked to had a reference for us and all of the references we contacted seemed super positive- one even came to English class that night and brought a friend!  We also found a cute little restaurant owned by an Italian couple that moved to Santiago 2 months ago and don't speak very much Spanish- that was an interesting contact haha!  They sell real Italian pizza and real ice cream:)  It was just the day I needed to remind me why I am really here and what can really happen in this work if I am willing to consecrate myself completely and do what the Lord asks!  

I LOVE being a missionary and I am so grateful and humbled that the Lord has trusted me to help His children here in Panama!  I miss you all so much but I know this is where I need to be!  Love you,

Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment