Monday- We went to dinner at a members house and after dinner Sam let me braid her crazy hair while we did a FHE with her family so that was fun!
Tuesday-It rained.....the whole day....really hard. We drove a lot and its a good thing we forgot to get our car washed Monday.
Wednesday- We went to the temple!! A member drove us and went with us to the temple and it was the best feeling ever to be back inside! It stopped raining just long enough to take our picture.
Thursday- Zone Meeting in San Bernardino! We learned about the #heisthegift video and got all of our pass along cards to give out! The church bought out youtube until Christmas! Crazy, right? We got a whole pack of cards and we have been asked to give out 10 cards a day...we are averaging like 25 a day. It has been such an awesome way to start conversations with people and we have already gotten several return appointments with people because of the video!
Friday- Weekly planning. A whole lot of walking and knocking but not a whole lot of people home. We helped one of our less actives get ready for her baby's first birthday party...its a small one this year, only 60 people.
Saturday-.....We practiced our musical number with Evelyn (one of our favorite young women) who is playing the cello with us, she is awesome!
Sunday- Fast Sunday! We did our musical number as the closing hymn and it wasn't too shabby! Some kid in the back of the chapel filmed the whole thing with his flash on haha oops...thought about having him send it to you but I couldnt find him after church. Then we got to go to the Christmas devotional and it was sooo good! I loved Elder Eyring's talk and pretty much bawled my eyes out when they talked about the little boy with cancer...I'm a total crier these days, it's a little bit pathetic.
Spiritual moment of the week- not really a moment, just a realization that planning with the Spirit is so important and sticking to our plans is important. We had a few times this week where we thought about changing our plans to make things easier but we went where we told the Lord we were going to be and that person needed the message we had prepared or there was someone who we needed to talk to in that neighborhood.
Funnest moment of the week- so my comp can burp just as good as I can and last night it got a little crazy
I have LOVED being here in Fontana and I am so grateful for all of the people I have met and experiences I have had....now on to a new adventure!
Love you love you love you! Can't wait to talk to you all tomorrow!!!
-Hermana Katie Smith
At the Redlands Temple with her companion and an hermana from their ward
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment