Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Week 9 In Fontana

This week was full of random but incredible miracles!  
First miracle- We only ate one Thanksgiving dinner!  Pretty much every other missionary had like 8 dinners and got sick from eating so much food but we only had one and it was super good so yay!  
Miracle #2- We were walking to an investigators house and we found one of our  members in the park playing his guitar and he played some songs for us and they have been stuck in our heads all week but we love him. 
Miracle #3- One of our investigators is on date!!  
Miracle #4- We got to go to a baptism last night for one of the elders' investigators and it was this whole stressful thing where the copy machine didn't work in the stake center so we went to the other building but then the font started overflowing and we had the keys and we couldn't find a primary songbook but I was playing the piano for  their musical number but everything worked out and it was such an amazing  baptism!  
Miracle #5- We contacted a potential last night and we talked with her and shared a simple testimony about the Restoration and it was so great!  We are excited to go back and teach her again later this week!
Miracle #6- My incredible family and amazing friends!  Seriously every day I am just completely overwhelmed by the amount of love and support I have and I have no idea what I did to deserve any of it but THANK YOU!  I love you all so incredibly much!
Miracle #7- This one is an upcoming miracle but we get to go to the temple on Wednesday!! It was so nice to get to go every week in the MTC and I have missed it so so much!  

This week I felt a little bit discouraged because this gospel is TRUE and it just makes so much sense to me!!  And sometimes it is so frustrating when I am trying so hard but I just can't find a way to make people understand exactly what they are missing out on here!!  But I realized that that is not my job. My purpose is not to make them it is to invite and to help them.  We had 2 contacts this week where we said pretty much the same things but they went completely different.  One of them wasn't interested at all and couldn't feel the Spirit but the other one was miracle #5!  I feel less frustrated now because I know that I am trying my hardest to invite and to help everyone here in Fontana and I pray so hard that they will be able to see just how truly incredible the Book of Mormon and the restored gospel are. Do you even understand what it means and how many blessings come with being a member?!  I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  gosh dangit.  

I love you all!!  

-Hermana Smith

Remember last week when she told us about the hat she crocheted that was too small for the baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment