So this morning my mission president called us while we were eating birthday cake and doing companion study to let me know that my visa arrived this morning (its a birthday miracle!!) and that I will be flying to Panama on December 9! I cant really think of anything at all right now (on account of my brain thinking about a million different things but mostly just Panama) but I will try my best to give you a recap of this week-
So this week we talked to a million people and walked a whole lot. Remember the miracle contact last week? Ya she is the best investigator ever and she has a stinking cute family. We also picked up another investigator who lives in our same apartment complex and we went to go contact her and she showed us a Book of Mormon that someone had given her 5 years ago when her daughter died and bore us her testimony about how much peace and comfort it gave her. Are you kidding me? God is preparing so many people to hear the gospel and I get to be the one that brings it to them! Also this week we started working on a musical number that we are doing as missionaries in our ward and it is sounding so good. We are like the perfect combination of Vocal Point and MoTab except we do it in Spanish which is even better. Mom asked me in her letter if I sing in the choir but with a smiley face cause she knows how much I dont sing but guess what...my companion is a voice major so not only do I sing in the ward choir, I also sing in pretty much every one of our lessons. On Friday night we went to dinner at a member's house but it turns out she was having a quinceañera and I have never felt so out of place in my whole life-we were the ONLY white people there and everyone just stared at us. We also awkwardly walked right on to the dance floor right as the girl was getting presented or whatever. OLÉ! I tried to crochet a hat for the baby of a recent convert but I accidentally made it way too small so my very favorite person in Fontana gave it to her cat instead. Cute huh? On Saturday we met these people who were looking for their dogs and so we offered to help them post their lost dog signs around the neighborhood and it was the best finding activity ever. People are way more willing to talk to you if you tell them you are looking for a dog and then once you have them worried about the dog you leave them with a lost dog flyer and a restoration pamphlet and bam return appointment. Seriously they should put that in the next edition of PMG. Super pumped for these next 2 weeks in Fontana, they are going to be great I can already tell! Happy Thanksgiving!! Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment