On Thursday we had a zone conference almost all day so we got to go listen and talk with our mission president about true conversion. We were asked to study and prepare a 5 minute presentation about a conversion story in the scriptures. I didnt actually get to share mine but I learned a lot from all of the studying and preparing. I chose Amulek and as I studied how he was converted and I think it all came down to his choice to act. I know that this gospel is 100% real but I will never be truly converted unless I act on that knowledge. So this week my goal has been to act with faith on every prompting I get and I have already been able to see the miracles happening!
A few weeks ago we went to borrow a mixer from a less active but hers was broken so she borrowed one from her neighbor and she told us about her and she seemed like an awesome potential so we were going to talk to her when we gave back the mixer but her scary husband answered the door but we have been trying to find a good way to talk to her again. Then on Friday night one of our appointments and our back-up fell through and we felt like we needed to go visit this less active and we walked up to the door and the neighbor answers the door!! We talked to her for a while and she is so great!! We are going back to teach her this week!
Yesterday my comp had a baptism in her old area so she was gone for about 5 hours and I went on splits with a returned missionary in the ward. I had been really nervous about going out by myself because I still rely so much on my companion but it actually turned out really great and it was so awesome to get to see how she worked and taught as a missionary. Everyone does it so differently and I am grateful for every opportunity I get to work with and learn from all of the awesome missionaries here! I was only with her for the first half and then for the second half of the night I tagged along with the English sisters. We made candy empanadas at a less active's house (unreal) and I got to use my Spanish to talk with her mother who isnt a member and doesnt speak any English which was pretty cool and she said we could come back and teach her! Basically this week was a lot of being nervous and anxious about things and then every thing worked out incredibly. We talked to everyone this week and got so many referrals and worked really really hard. I have seen and felt the Lord guiding me and giving me everything I need to do my best and help the work move forward here in Fontana and I am so so grateful for the enabling power of the atonement . I am SOOO excited for this coming transfer and can already tell its gonna be a great one! Love you all so so much!
Companion #2
No comments:
Post a Comment