Friday, January 29, 2016

Just Another Week In Panama

It was a fun week with lots of different kinds of days.  We had a few days that were just lessons non-stop, boom boom boom, other days of pure contacting, and then another filled with members and ward activities.  Makes for a good week!

We did two different divisions with hnas from the zone to help them reach their goal of contacts so it was just hours of straight walking and contacting and guess what...I loved it!!   I dont know where it changed cause I used to really not like contacting but I actually really enjoy it now!   One of the divisions I was with a sister who got here like 2 weeks ago from the MTC and doesnt speak a lick of spanish and it was a tiny fulfillment of my dream to train and we had a ton of fun together!   The other one we were in the city and literally just contacted bus stop after bus stop.  I am really grateful for my area, even with all its hills:)

In a month a kid from our ward is leaving on his mission to brazil so to help him raise money the ward had a fiesta!!   All of the members donate a plate of food and then the whole ward and people from the stake come and buy food and dance!   I really wish we danced more in america.  Like why dont we ever have parties where the whole family goes and dances to fun salsa music?  lame.  We even got the abuela to dance but she would only dance to typical music which sounds like a dog barking but she was loving it!  We made no bake cookies (they were a hit, obviously)  and everyone bought us like 8 plates of food!   

Victor came to church and is progressing really well and we had a few other investigators come to the noche de grupo (its like family night but with the whole ward).   There are tons of good things happening in these next few weeks so im sure Ill have something more exciting to write about:)   Love,

Hna Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment