Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Chichemito 4 dayyzzz



Hey family...just talked yesterday so I am not sure what to tell you...but here are a few funnies from this week that I forgot to tell you-

1. We went to the temple on Tuesday (not the funny part)  It was super nice and I hardly even noticed that I was doing it all in Spanish!  The funny part is that when the whole ward was all in the bus about to leave from the chapel in Chorrera we all went for a quick bathroom run and my shoes were a little bit slippery so I slipped on the stairs getting out of the bus and ate it HARD.  All of the little old ladies in the ward kept coming up to me and lifting up my arms and my shirt and looking for the bruises.

2.  I can't remember if I told you this last time but some of our recent converts asked me if I see differently out of my eyes..like if everything is blue and green haha!  It has been over a year since they have had a gringa missionary in this ward so I´m kind of a big deal...jk it just means that everyone is used to sisters who speak perfect Spanish so they correct every little mistake which has helped my Spanish a lot.  But I do get a lot of comments about my eyes- mostly that they want to rip them out and use them for a day, which I guess in this culture is not creepy but in fact totally socially acceptable to say.

3. I went on divisions with my sister leader on Thursday and we taught this lady the first lesson and she had to repeat everything at least 3 times before she understood it.  Somehow she had heard about the angel Moroni and she was really fascinated but also very confused.  Our conversation went a little like this ¨so moroni was a prophet?¨ ¨yes he was an ancient prophet here in the americas and he is the angel who came to joseph smith¨ ¨so he was an angel¨  ¨yes he was the angel who apppeared to JS¨ ¨so he was an angel, but who was the prophet?¨ and we went on like that for like half an hour.  We finished the lesson and the only thing to do was laugh.  It was also a really nice time being with a companion who spoke English...I love my latina comps but everyone loves a little English every once and a while!

4.  I am addicted to chicheme.  There is a cute little chicheme place right next to the stake center so every time we go into Chorrera I get myself a big old chicheme and hojaldre.  One of the many good perks about being here in Chorrera and I love it!  We did a lot of contacting this week and have a week full of plans to teach so hopefully next week I will be full of stories about all the prepared people!  

Loved loved loved loved loved talking to all of you yesterday and seeing your faces!  It was hard to say goodbye but it wasnt sad because 
a. I will see you all in less than a year 
b.I love it here 
c. the gospel

til next week!

hna smith

No comments:

Post a Comment