This transfer flew by and I am anxious anxious anxious to find out whats going to happen in this coming transfer. This last transfer has been easily the hardest on the mish so far but in the last couple weeks I have seen a change in the branch here and it seems like we are finding more and more people who are so obviously prepared for the gospel. Our district is working hard and gaining the trust of the members and we have a pretty good time together. We will find out transfers tomorrow morning and I have been praying all week that I will get to stay one more transfer here in Santiago. Obviously I will go wherever I´m needed but I have come to love the members and our investigators and I am going to be a little sad when I have to leave.
Speaking of investigators- so the kid that we contacted 3 weeks ago who showed up to church with his cousins? we went and taught them on tuesday and they are the cutest family ever. About 10 years ago the mom and her oldest daughter had listened to missionaries and loved it but with school and work somehow they got busy and lost touch with the elders. K is 15 and doesnt remember the missionaries but she shares the same love for the gospel. When we showed up her first question was ¨what do I have to do to get baptized?¨ and when we started teaching she knew all of the answers because she had already read and highlighted a whole bunch of chapters from the gospel principles book. She came to church again yesterday and because she wants to be able to go to the temple with the branch on saturday her baptism is scheduled for this Wednesday! Her mom and sister need a little more time before they get baptized but her mom is already talking about what amazing missionaries her daughters are going to be. K is AMAZING and I am so stoked about the idea that I get to go to the temple with her this week and that maybe in a few years I will get to write her while she is on her own mission. My testimony about missionary work grows every single day and I have come to realize that it is all Him. I work as hard as I can so that when the Lord places the people he has prepared in my path I will be ready and worthy to help them come unto Him. Pretty awesome job amiright?Wednesday, May 20, 2015
End of Transfer 3 In Santiago
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment