1. Every monday night we eat with our favorite member. He is this awesome returned missionary who just buys us all of the ingredients and then talks mission with us while we make the dinner. A few weeks ago the elders made guatemalen food, then we had panamanian food, and this last week it was my turn to make us a traditional american dinner so we ate some really good brownies and ice cream!
2. On Tuesday we got to go to the temple with our zone! Hanging out with missionaries is the best- especially missionaries who understand their purpose. We had a ton of fun on the bus and some amazing experiences in the temple!
3. On Wednesday morning our lunch called us while we were in district meeting so I was rushing to get back and they asked me if we ate something but I didn't understand so I just said yes because lets be real I have lost any kind of picky that I was before the mission and you cant really say no. So we ate mondongo for lunch. I kept thinking about mondungus fletcher from hp but its actually just cow stomach. My comp was super not happy with me but now I can really say that I will eat anything!
4.On Saturday we were part of a stake talent show type thing and all of the hermanas in the zone learned some hawaiian dances. It was super fun to dress up with all the other sisters and I got to know a lot of the sisters in the zone a little better.
5. Had a crazy contact this week. This lady started asking us why we weren't wearing veils if we were preaching the gospel and then started preaching to us (without a veil on might I add) about how the Catholic church is the whore of the earth and that we are just another branch off of the whore tree. I tried to end by giving her some articles of faith and when she saw it she asked me who was on the front and I smiled super happy and said oh this is Jesus Christ, thinking we could find some common ground. nope. How do we know thats Jesus if we have never seen him? And then a whole bunch about worshiping images and bla blah blah. finally my comp interupts her and goes what kind of tree is that? ok cool bye.
Super super pumped for the conference with a 70 this week! And super super sad to hear about elder perry:(
Love you!,
Hermana Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment