Familia,
I am officially one year into this crazy adventure they call the Panama Mission. When? Where? How? I´m not really sure, but there it went!
This week passed by woooooshhh super rapido! But there were lots and lots of good things-
On Tuesday we had divisions with the new sister leaders and I stayed in our area with Hna Anderson and had the best day I´ve had in a long time! She is super great and we worked HARD!
Our first lesson was with Carlos and in the last lesson he told us that he felt like God had been ignoring him so I promised him that if he went to the stake conference he would get an answer from God. We got there and he told us that he hadn't gotten an answer. Dang it. So we shared a scripture about God's love and then I felt prompted to teach a little about the Holy Ghost and Carlos interrupts me and asks what does it feel like? So Hna Anderson explained how she feels the Spirit and then I explained and I said that when I feel the Spirit I get the shivers (except I didn't know the word for shiver so I acted it out) and as soon as I said that Carlos gets this goofy grin that I love and he goes ¨I felt that at the conference but I didn't know what it was. Was that the Spirit?¨ YES! So right now Carlos and Ana are working on getting their marriage papers so that they can get married and baptized!!
After that we walked a ton and taught a lot of good lessons. The last lesson before dinner we stopped by a less active's house and he has a son that lived in vernal, utah for 7 years. We walked up to the porch and there was country music playing...real, good, english, country music! I have gotten really good at ignoring the normal radio pop songs that get played in stores and on busses but I havent heard country music in a year and I was not prepared for how much of a distraction it was for me!
On Thursday we got to wake up at 3 in the morning and go to immigrations which is always a fun time. I´ve almost forgotten how much I don't like big cities...almost. We might have fallen asleep in our lunch and dinner....ooops!
On Friday night we did divisions with 4 of the jovencitas in our ward which was super fun. 2 of them are the daughters of a super awesome RM and we get to the house and the oldest walks to the door and we go ¨Miriam, tu vas tambien?!¨ and with the most angry face she tells us that yes, she has to go too. She got to come with me and we taught and contacted and walked a lot and it was actually really fun! Then at church yesterday she asked if we were going to do it again this friday! Our RC Vivian went with my comp and she told me that she was a contacting machine! She already has the missionary bug and asks us all the time when she can go out with us!
We are starting out this week with our agendas already full of good things so I know its gonna be a great one!
Its supposed to be winter here in panama which usually means lots of rain but we are passing throught some phenomenon where it doesn't rain so it's just really really hot and the rivers are drying up and the water goes out. So basically there are no seasons here, it's just summer all the time! Enjoy the end of summer and the beginning of Fall, it's a beautiful thing!
Love you lots,
Hna Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment