So this week was changes and I am staying in Chorrera with Hermana Chamul at least one more transfer! And to start the transfer off with a bang we decided to break some records...
Yesterday was the ward conference and our bishopric had the crazy goal of getting 500 people into our little chapel (not really that little but it definitely doesn't fit 500). So they went all out trying to fill up the chapel- hundreds of invitations, a bus, phone calls, food, and activities. The members each received extra invitations to invite their friends and I was so impressed- everytime we ate or visited with the members they had all passed out all of their invitations! On saturday all of the missionaries in the zone came to the chapel and we split up on divisions with members and spent about an hour inviting every single less active and contacting every person on the street. I am so impressed and grateful for members who want to work and want to share the gospel! Their desire to do missionary work comes from a real understanding of the atonement and I wish all missionaries could have members like mine! So Sunday came around and we had done everything we could to get our people to this conference! I was at the piano and I watched as the chapel filled up and kept filling up with members and friends and our investigators and it was just so happy! The stake president spoke powerfully and the choir wasn't as bad as it could have been and at the end of the count there were 215 people in the conference and 28 of them investigators. 28 investigators!! When we talked with the 1st councilor at dinner he told us that the last time they had more than 200 people in the chapel was 15 years ago when the wards split and the chapel was dedicated!
The best part for me was that Kathy finally was able to come! I think she might be my favorite person ever to teach because she really challenges us. She reads the chapters we leave her and comes prepared with questions and bible verses but not to bible bash she just really knows the bible and wants to understand and learn and is sincerely looking for an answer. It is really hard for her because she is so involved in the evangelical church and so she is feeling confused and conflicted but the spirit is strong in our lessons and I know she is so close to getting the answer she is looking for!
We also had interviews with president this week which were great. We talked a little about how I can be a better companion and I asked him about how he does transfers. He explained the whole process to me and told me that when he changed me to Chorrera the impresion he remembers is that I needed to come to this ward. It wasn'
t so much about the comp this time but about the area and the ward which has given me a little bit of a new perspective. We also passed the house inspections even in our sketch house yayyy!!
t so much about the comp this time but about the area and the ward which has given me a little bit of a new perspective. We also passed the house inspections even in our sketch house yayyy!!
The family of 12 kids is progressing little by little and we have some great new families starting out!
I love you all and I love this gospel! I feel so blessed to be here and as prideful as I can be sometimes I always know that it is all Heavenly Father preparing, inspiring, and directing every part of this work!
Hermana Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment